Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Great Meeting With Team

Yesterday, I discovered why it is great to work in teams. As I said in the earlier post, I was confused on the order to complete items. All of my colleagues are going to follow the book, chapter by chapter. This will help me with following an order even though I will still operate on concepts rather than specific chapters. I also found out that matrices are not as necessary of a skill for calculus preparation so I will be able to concentrate only on the other three methods to solving a system-graphing, substitution and elimination. I would rather teach a few ways that are strong then have students confused on a concept.

I also had a great lead for a project-circuits. I asked the team what is the emphasis for complex numbers. This lead to a possible project about electrical circuits. I have a colleague who is going to share with me what she does and I may be discussing soon how I will make it into a project. I am EXCITED!

No comments: